5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple emails (2003)

In a volunteer database, details of each volunteer are held in a table which has a field to hold an email hyperlink i.e when the field is clicked on the form which displays the volunteer details, a new message form with the To: field already completed is opened for the user to complete.
    The users have (now) asked for the ability to send an email to multiple volunteers in one go. How can this best be achieved, please - or is it not possible with this table design?
    Thanks
    Silverback
    Silverback

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple emails (2003)

You could create a multi-select list box on an unbound form, and a command button next to it. When the user clicks the command button, an e-mail to the selected volunteers is created.
    This works best with the e-mail addresses in a text field, but it could work with a hyperlink field too.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans : sorry for the delay before replying.
    Thanks for the tips on this. I've created the multi select list box and, reading the VB help, I think I have to use ItemsSelected to establish which ones the user has chosen. I also think I can see how to concatenate each selection with a semi colon between to create a TO: string for an email. But I have no idea how to cause the creation of the email. Can you help, please? (What I want is for a blank email to appear with the selected names in the TO field so the user can then type the message; I infer from reading VB help that SendObject is not the right thing to try - right?)
    Thanks
    Silverback
    Silverback

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, you can use SendObject. Let's say that you have filled the string variable strRecipients with the semi-colon separated list of e-mail addresses. The following instruction will open a blank e-mail:
    <code>
    DoCmd.SendObject To:=strRecipients
    </code>
    You can specify a subject and/or message text if you wish:
    <code>
    DoCmd.SendObject To:=strRecipients, Subject:="January Report", MessageText:="Hello World"</code>

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Much to my amazement (if not yours) it's all working fine.
    Again - many thanks.
    Silverback.
    Silverback