3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

rotate a text box (2003 (SP2))

Is there any easy way to rotate a text box to an arbitrary angle that isn't horizontal or vertical?

I'm trying to avoid using WordArt, since I want the rotated text to look just like my other (non-rotated) text box text..

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: rotate a text box (2003 (SP2))

You could cut the text box and past-special as a windows metafile - this can then be freely rotated. The text doesn't look exactly the same but it's not too bad.

StuartR

Lounger
    Thanks

You can tame WordArt. If you select the first item (plain hollow) in the gallery, enter your text ,choose the font and place the WordArt. From the Drawing Toolbar set the fill to black and the Line to No Line. You'll probably need to adjust the sizing handles to get the proportions right - then rotate with the green handle. Alternatively, select one of the simple curves and then straighten it with the WordArt shape button on the WordArt toolbar

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

With Office XP, I've found that I usually get the best result by creating the angled text box in PowerPoint, then pasting it into Word using the "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)" option.