Thread: Unwanted toolbars (2003)
2008-01-24, 19:07 #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Virginia, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unwanted toolbars (2003)
In a custom template, a couple of toolbars--Control Toolbox and Design--have begun including themselves. It seems to have begun after I was experimenting with an unrelated macro and had to lower the macro security level to medium briefly to add the macro. I then restored the security level to med-high. In any case, I have tried opening the template and:
1. closing the toolbars and saving
2. using the toobar customize dialogue to uncheck them, close the dialoge, and save
3. using the toobar customize dialogue to uncheck them, press reset for the respective toolbars in the template, close the dialoge and change
4. using the toobar customize dialogue to uncheck them, press reset for the respective toolbars in Normal.dot, close the dialoge and change
Nothing is working--when I reopne the template or a doc based on it, they are there again.
What am I missing here?
Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!
+ Get this BONUS — free!
Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!
2008-01-24, 20:58 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Re: Unwanted toolbars (2003)
Does your template contain ActiveX controls (i.e. controls from the Control Toolbox)?
If so, try turning off design mode before hiding the toolbars and saving the template.