3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Selecting multiple objects (2003)

OK....I have done this in 97 a millon times without an issue. I am having problems with 2003. I have captured a screen shot, pasted in word and then created some text boxes explaining the image. I need to group together..so everything is one and it makes it easier to adjust on the form.

I CAN NOT for the life of me select the screen shot and 6 text boxes! Please help.... I have tried all my tricks...with no luck.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selecting multiple objects (2003)

I am not sure if this is what you want and there may be other ways to accomplish it, but if you convert your text boxes to frames then a simple Edit, Select All does it. The conversion for each text box can be done by right clicking on a text box border and then selecting: Format Text Box, Text Box, Convert to Frame, OK.

Paul

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selecting multiple objects (2003)

In the first place, make sure that all items are floating, i.e. not inline with text. You cannot select floating and inline objects at the same time.

If you click the Select Objects button on the Drawing toolbar (the northwest arrow), it is easier to select objects since you can't select text any more. To select multiple objects, click on the first one, then Shift+Click on each subsequent one. Take care to turn "Select Objects" off again when done!