5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Downloaded pictures (2007)

I've configured Outlook to receive my Yahoo emails. When an email includes pictures I need to right click to request Outlook to download them, which is fine.
    However, if I then view the email while offline the pictures are not visible. Surely the pictures are stored in a temporary folder and so should be available? Thanks, Andy.

Thanks

Re: Downloaded pictures (2007)

> Surely the pictures are stored in a temporary folder and so should be available?

Have you heard of the expression "web bugs"? These are images used in advertising messages to report back to a web server that you read the email. In order to block web bugs, Outlook does not download the images until you tell it to do so. So unfortunately for your offline purposes, there is no temporary folder. On the other hand, you should be able to disable this security feature. I don't have Outlook 2007 handy at the moment, but in Outlook 2003, it's under Tools>Options..., Security tab, then there's a huge button labeled "Change automatic download settings...". Can you find that in Outlook 2007?

Thanks

Re: Downloaded pictures (2007)

Okay, my first post is not really related to your question. When you download pictures, Outlook needs you to save the message in order to retain them. If you downloaded the pictures with the message open in its own window, when you close the message, Outlook will prompt you to save changes. However, in the Reading Pane, this might not happen. I haven't tested much to see. (Also in Sent Items, I think the linked images are not saved automatically, contrary to what you might expect.)