3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No focus on Excel start (Excel 2003 SP2)

When I open Excel, it does not have focus. I have to click on any part of the window to get the focus. It appears that somehow the focus is on VBA. If I open Excel and just start typing, the characters I type are inserted in front of Option Explict in VBA (even tho I have not make the VBA visible (Alt F11). I am looking at the worksheet and nothing is being entered in any cell, but when I open VBA, I can see the characters I have typed and they are in front of the Option Explicit statement.
    I do have a personal.xls and have run compile but nothing was found. I moved the Personal.xls file so it is not opened when Excel opens and then the characters are entered in front of the Option Explicit statement in the Blank Workbook.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Chuck Reimer
    I'm from the Government and I'm here to help...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: No focus on Excel start (Excel 2003 SP2)

Even though you've already performed one of the steps without success, I'd work my way through Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post>.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: No focus on Excel start (Excel 2003 SP2)

Thanks Hans

As many times as I have seen that suggested, I did ot even think of it. I will give it a try.
    Have a Great Weekend.
    Chuck Reimer
    I'm from the Government and I'm here to help...