2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Formatting a C Drive (Windows XP or Vista)

I purchased a laptop about 6 months ago; it had Vista and all the other inherent problems with this OS. So, I decided to erase/format the hard drive where this OS resided. From there, I thought I could install 2000, XP or Vista. Lo and behold, after putting an original (with Serial #) Vista CD, a hard drive was not discovered. At this point, I'd like to just find/format the C: drive so that it's recognized on this computer. I believe I have to do this through the BIOS but everything I read says "Put in the OS CD". Please....I just want to treat this as a "virgin" computer, with a recognizable hard drive (C and then go from there. Is there no way we can IGNORE ANY WINDOWS OS and at least get the hard drive working/recognized again. After that, I may have no option other than to load Vista or XP but at least that would be an (oxymoron) Windows step forward. Please help!!!! Thanks in advance for any info.
    Bob

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Formatting a C Drive (Windows XP or Vista)

On this one, you need to call the OEM of this laptop and see if they can help you restore Vista.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

Re: Formatting a C Drive (Windows XP or Vista)

If the laptop was supplied with a 'recovery partition', you may be able to access that at start-up. With the Sony VAIO, for example, you press F10 after rebooting.