Thread: Mailings (A2K)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mailings (A2K)

Good Morning All,

I am trying to create a form letter in Access and then email the letter to a client. The letter looks great in Access and the email portion works well also. My problem is that the letter gets jumbled when it is output as a .rtf document. Any suggestions on how to keep close to the same formatting would be appreciated. There are no graphics in the Access letter, just text boxes and label controls. Thanks in Advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mailings (A2K)

Export to RTF has always been one of the weakest features of Access.

Alternatives:

1) Mail merge
    Perform a mail merge to e-mail in Microsoft Word based on data from Access. The advantage is that you can use the formatting capabilities of Word.
    You can initiate the mail merge in Word (Tools | Letters and Mailings | Mail Merge) or in Access (Tools | Office Links | Merge it with Microsoft Office Word).
    It is also possible to automate the mail merge from Access.

2) PDF
    If you have a PDF writer, you can print the report to a PDF file, then attach it to an e-mail. This can't be done using DoCmd.SendObject, you need to automate Outlook for this. If you do a search in this forum for Attachments.Add you'll find some examples.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mailings (A2K)

Thanks Hans,

I found Stephen Lebans' Converter of Reports to PDFs. I think that will work nicely.