Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access Query (2007)

I want to show records with duplicate invoices numbers that have certain transaction codes. Say I have 3 invoices with different transaction codes of "I", "AE" and "AL'. I only want duplicates to show if "AE" and "AL" have the same invoice number not if "I" and "AE" are duplicates. Right now my code allows the "AE" to show because it is a duplicate of "I" even though "I" doesn't show because of the filter. Hope I'm making sense. Here is my current code.

SELECT [EDI Data].[Invoice Number], [EDI Data].[Supplier ID], [EDI Data].[Supplier Name], [EDI Data].[Dealer ID], [EDI Data].[Dealer Name], [EDI Data].[Invoice Date Month], [EDI Data].[Invoice Date Day], [EDI Data].[Invoice Date Year], [EDI Data].[Dealer PO#], [EDI Data].<transaction Type>, [EDI Data].[Gross Purchases], [EDI Data].[Freight Parts and Warranties], [EDI Data].[Unqualified Purchases], [EDI Data].[Rebatable Purchases], [EDI Data].[Member Rebate], [EDI Data].Time_Stamp
    FROM [EDI Data]
    WHERE ((([EDI Data].[Invoice Number]) In (SELECT [Invoice Number] FROM [EDI Data] As Tmp GROUP BY [Invoice Number] HAVING Count(*)>1 )) AND (([EDI Data].<!t>[Transaction Type])<>"I"))
    ORDER BY [EDI Data].[Invoice Number];

Thanks for any help on this.

Kent

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access Query (2007)

Are I, AE and AL the only possible transaction codes? If not, are there other, similar "rules" that should be taken into account?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

The only other transaction code would be "C"

Thanks,

Kent

Star Lounger
    Thanks

And yes, "C" should be treated like "I". Sorry for not including that.

Thanks,

Kent

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try changing the WHERE clause to

WHERE [EDI Data].[Invoice Number] In (SELECT [Invoice Number] FROM [EDI Data] WHERE [EDI Data].<!t>[Transaction Type] In ("AE","AL") GROUP BY [Invoice Number] HAVING Count(*)>1) AND [EDI Data].<!t>[Transaction Type] In ("AE","AL")

See attached demo. I replaced all other fields with a single one named Other.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Star Lounger
    Thanks

That is exactly what I needed. Works great!

Thanks Hans!

Kent