5 Star Lounger
    Surrey, United Kingdom

Unlock protected sheet and then re-lock (2003 SP2)

Good morning

I have a form with locked cells, it has 2 buttons on a form, when the macro from either is run I want to temporarily unlock the sheet, update the cells and then re-lock it.

When I wanted to delete certain cells using a button Rudi gave me this advice in this post <post#=684449>post 684449</post#> , however on this occassion I am not using a button and would like to run it as part of the macros already assigned to the 2 buttons but I am not sure if I have (a) adapted it correctly and ( where to place it in the existing macros

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() <font color=448800>(Do I have to make this the name of the button on my form Private Sub StockControl.xls!AutoShape1_Click()</font color=448800>

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Worksheets("summary").Unprotect Password:="pass"

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic

Worksheets("summary").Protect Password:="pass"

End Sub

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Unlock protected sheet and then re-lock (2003 SP2)

Yes teh Click event needs to match the name of the object on the userform.

If the button is on a sheet and from the Control Toolbox, it also must include the name of the button

If the button is from the FORMS toolbar, then there is no "event" monitoring and the macro is just a regular sub and you must assign the macro to run when the button is pressed (right click on it and assign macro...)