Star Lounger
    Thanks

New Zoom (Excel 2003)

Just discovered a new way to zoom in a worksheet. Hold Ctrl key and use mouse wheel. It works on some worksheets and not others, but when it works, it's pretty cool.
    Old timers may have known about it, but I can't find any documentation.

Craig.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New Zoom (Excel 2003)

It's a useful technique, thanks.

It's actually mentioned in the help, in the subject "Move or scroll through a worksheet". The online version of the help subject can be found in Move or scroll through a worksheet - Excel - Microsoft Office Online (expand "Scroll and zoom by using the mouse").

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New Zoom (Excel 2003)

TX Craig, Since we're on the topic:

Your discovery helped me to discover a way hide and show outline details with the mouse wheel too. I work with outlines often, and this is handy!
    I looked up the help on zooming in and out with the mouse wheel and discovered this in the help file:
    <hr>
    Zoom in or out
    Hold down CTRL while you rotate the IntelliMouse wheel forward or back. The percentage of the zoomed worksheet is displayed on the status bar.
    Show detail in outlines
    (What is an outline: Worksheet data in which rows or columns of detail data are grouped so that you can create summary reports. The outline can summarize either an entire worksheet or a selected portion of it.)
    Point to a cell that summarizes data in the outline, and then hold down SHIFT while you rotate the wheel forward.
    Hide detail in outlines
    Point to any cell that contains detail data, and then hold down SHIFT while you rotate the wheel back.
    <hr>
    Regards,
    Rudi