New Lounger
    Thanks

fields in Word 2000 template (2000)

I'm new to this trying to create a document template -- how do I insert space between text fill-in fields in a template I am creating?

Thanks

Re: fields in Word 2000 template (2000)

You should be able to position them as you would any text, using spaces, tabs etc. though if the user puts in more text than you were expecting, you might not get the result you were hoping for. Or is that not what you were asking.

Ian

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Hi MsBos, welcome to Woody's lounge.

You have not provided loungers much information to understand the context of your question. If Ian's answer does not provide an answer, could you please provide a bit more detail to your problem so that we could attempt to help you better.

TX
    Regards,
    Rudi

New Lounger
    Thanks

My fill-in form in the template is as follows: Name:_______then Phone Number:________, etc. with lines. When the user fills in the fields, Word automatically inserts enough space. However, I want to have spaces in between Name and Phone Number with no lines and I can't seem to make it work. without the lines going all the way across. Does that make sense?

Thanks

I would try Name then a tab to position the first fill-in field, then the fill-in field, then another tab to position the words Phone number, then another tab to position the phone no. fill-in field. Do you actually want the user to see lines before they fill it in?

Ian

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, I'll try that. No, it's not necessary for the user to see the lines because they are "grayed out" to show where to type in the info, but when the form is emailed, it shows up with no space after the filled-in fields and I haven't been able to edit the template to make that not occur.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Have you tried using tables? Most of the forms I see where I work are done in tables and that's how I would want to do a fill-in form. Put each field to be completed in its own cell.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I did try tables, but they didn't seem to work too well in the form I was trying to work with.