rlbroerman

Save records in 2 tables (access 2007)

1. I want to put info into "new patient" form and save SSN, lname and fname in patients table and visits table both.So when I open "1 st visit" form lname and fname come in as well as SSN.
    2. It was suggested a while back that I might want to open the "1st visit " form with name instead of SNN, if someone has forgotten their SSN. I can't seem to find this post.
    Can you help, please.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Save records in 2 tables (access 2007)

2. If you look at the Access forum, you'll see "Welcome" followed by your Lounge username on the right hand side above the list of post. If you click your username, you'll see a list of your posts in this forum, in descending date order. You can take a look at the posts to find the relevant thread, then look at the replies.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Save records in 2 tables (access 2007)

1. You shouldn't store the patient's first and last name in the visits table, it's duplicate information. You only need to store the patient's SSN in the visits table - this is enough to link the visits table to the patients table, and to retrieve the patient's name from that table.

You should place the visits form as a subform on the patients form, linked on the SSN. That way, each visit record will automatically have the patient SSN.