2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Images on Forms at Runtime (Word 2003)

Hi,

it's been a while since I have asked a question here, but now I am stuck again!

I have a form where I set up some document properties, which are then used to set some fields in the document when the user presses "Apply". I also want the user to be able to select an image which will be used on the front page of the document, by opening a FileOpen dialog. The code for that works fine. I also have an image control on the form so I can display a mini-preview of the image that has been selected before the user has to finally press "Apply".

Problem is of course, when an image has been selected and applied to the document and the user later re-opens the "properties" dialog, there is no obvious way to re-display a preview of the front page image on the image control, because the image is embedded in the document and there's no link to a file on disk any more... UNLESS i can somehow copy the image from the document and display on the image control on the form.

Is this possible using the clipboard? I believe there's no clipboard object available for Word VB? Can I use a DataObject somehow?

Help much appreciated..

cheers
    Dominic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Images on Forms at Runtime (Word 2003)

I don't see a method to get an IPictureDisp from a picture in a document; if that were possible you could assign it to the Picture property of the image control on the userform. It might possibly be done using Windows API functions, but I can't help you with that, sorry.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Images on Forms at Runtime (Word 2003)

poo :-(