Lounger
    Thanks

Automatic Email (2003)

I am using an excel spreadsheet to list service contracts and realted info. One of the cells in each row is the erpiration date of the contract. Is it possible to send an automatic email to someone 90 days before this date and remind them their contract is set to expire?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Automatic Email (2003)

Would you like the e-mails to be sent without user intervention, or would you like an e-mail to be generated automatically then displayed on screen so that the user can edit it if desired, then send it (or not)?

Lounger
    Thanks

I would like it to be without user intervention using a generic email with the name of the contract and the expiration date in the body.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I have attached a sample workbook. The code is in the Workbook_Open event procedure in the ThisWorkbook module.

Notes:
    1) You will have to study the code and adapt it to your purposes.
    2) You will need to enable macros.
    3) The code uses Outlook.
    4) This version displays the e-mails instead of sending them, so that you can check whether the e-mails are generated correctly. When you're ready to test sending, comment out the line
    objMail.Display
    and uncomment the line
    objMail.Send
    5) You will probably run into Outlook security. You'll find workarounds in <post:=488,173>post 488,173</post:>; the free utility ClickYes is the easiest one.
    Attached Files Attached Files