Star Lounger
    Thanks

Training databse

Hi all,

I have been asked by my manager to create a training database for the training department, in which language would you guys recommend to do it: e.g. Access, MySQL with PHP, VB.Net etc.

Regards,

Skips

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

Re: Training databse

The Database Management System you choose is dependent on many factors. How many people will access it concurrently? Is cost a concern? Do you already have expertise in a DBMS? What is the ultimate use of the database? Is it going to be imbedded in another appplication?

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well the database should be on it owns not linked to any systems, 2-3 people will use it, and it will only be used to add staff training details, I need to get more details from the users, currently there is a database in access 2000 format and it is linked to a payroll system. That data has to go on the new designed database I can use anything I want any language any package etc.

Thanks again,

Skips

Thanks

As between ASP+Access, ASP+SQL Server, ASP.Net+SQL Server, and PHP+MySQL, the latter three offer an advantage in performance if the database will be hosted on a separate machine. If all the components are on a single web server, it may be best to use what's familiar to you. Especially if there isn't time or money allotted for learning/buying new technologies.