5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exit Parent Sub? (vba for CorelDraw 12)

Hello,

My knowledge of using vba is quite limited. is there any single command to put in a secondary sub to exit out of a parent sub? I know how to pass a glbal variable back to a parent sub, get it to check the variable and the exit but I just wondered if there was a simple command to avoid using global variables. I hope the terminology I've used makes sense.

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

Thanks

Re: Exit Parent Sub? (vba for CorelDraw 12)

Should all execution stop? I think there is a command to halt immediately and not even return to the parent routine, but I can't recall what it is.

Also, it might be easier to make your secondary sub into a Function if you want to return a value (and it is never run on its own, e.g., from a Macros dialog).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I think the instruction that Jefferson couldn't remember is End but I wouldn't recommend using it. End abruptly halts all code execution, clears all static and module level variable, destroys all objects. I'd go woth his suggestion to change the secondary sub to a function that returns a value (for example True or False) that the parent sub can inspect to decide if Exit Sub should be executed.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans and Jefferson, I have indeed settled for using a private sub and using a boolean to check for exit sub. It's good to know about End - I didn't realise it was so destructive, something to watch out for.

All the best,

Chris