Thread: Access (2007)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Access (2007)

As a new Access user I have a question. I have a current Query that I am working on. I pull information everyday, then I send it to a table that I keep building upon. I would like to set up a revolving 30 day view , but the past information will not be lost. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this.....Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access (2007)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I'm not certain I understand exactly what you want, but you could create a query with the following condition in the Criteria line for the relevant date field:

Between Date()-30 And Date()

This will select all records for the last 30 days.

New Lounger
    Thanks

ok, that seemed to change some thing around.That looks good. Now in the ( ), I want to be able to add the current date automatically, so that every day this date will change. Then everyday I can run this quesry and it would go back the 30 days.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Date() returns the current date, so whenever you run the query, it will return the records for the last 30 days at that moment.

New Lounger
    Thanks

ah, Thanks. Thats the reason why it worked so well. ....So my 30 day view work great. Now, since I started gathering info from the begining of this year. Is there a way that I can have that info availble to myself at all times going forward. Both views on the same sheet??

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could create two forms: one based on a query that displays all records, and another based on a query that displays only the last month.
    You can place these two forms side by side or one above the other as subforms on an otherwise empty main form. The main form would be unbound, i.e. its Record Source property is blank.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I got it!....Thanks for the help