norm170

custom page lengths (excel & word 97)

I am trying to use ms excel or word to print a continuous form on a dot matrix printer. My form is 4 1/4" by 7". Under custom page setup I have entered 425 for the length and 700 for the width(1/10 inch). I use my popup printer menu to control how many forms to print. My problem is that the print keeps moving up on the form when I print two or more. I have tried different computers with different operating systems (windows 98 & Me) as well as different printers (using the drivers supplied with windows). I have also tried to increase of decrease the number that controls the page length without any success. I am at wits end. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gene

Thanks

Re: custom page lengths (excel & word 97)

I'm trying to think back to when I used to use a Dot Matrix printer - isn't there an advance function that is coded into the printer itself - basically to clear one form and advance to the next? Do you have the documentation for the printer itself?

That is where I'd start.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile