5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hijack Subject Line when Sending Word file (2000/sr1a)

A glitch in the integration between Word and DocsOpen is the way Docs does not consistently revise the "Name" field in the document properties if a file is copied. Consequently, if in Word one uses File / Send to Mail Recipient (as Attachment), the subject field is populated from the doc properties with inaccurate info.

Anyone have a quick code with which I can hijack the command and just not populate the field?

TIA
    Karen

Thanks

Re: Hijack Subject Line when Sending Word file (2000/sr1a)

Nope, but given the possibility that someone else could open and send the document, it seems safer to clean up the DOCS integration. Safer, but perhaps not easier... I haven't used DOCS since 1997, so I don't have ready access to the macros. One could do an after-the-fact correction. What is supposed to be in the name field, anyway? The entire name from the profile? I personally wouldn't want that to be the subject line either, since I often used to throw keywords in there for personal reference. I guess then the fallback would be a blank name property.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hijack Subject Line when Sending Word file (2000/sr1a)

Thanks, Jefferson. Actually, if one sends from Docs (we have 3.9) it isn't an issue -- they can choose the title, the Docs number, or the hex number.

I hadn't considered something on the Docs side to empty to the name property, or maybe something we could write into the Wordin2000.dot. Hmmm....

Thanks, again!
    Karen