New Lounger
    Thanks

Test Scores vs. Goal in a Chart (2003)

Hello,
    I have a nice little database with a chart in a sub-form that shows a student's scores. The last little piece is to compare the student's scores to a desired score. The attached picture should give you an idea of what I want it to look like (though I might not use pink)
    I think that this could be done if you could use two tables together (the student scores table and the desired scores table) but I am not sure how to do this. There may be better ways to do this as well.

If you have any ideas I would be glad to try them out.
    Thanks and have a great day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Test Scores vs. Goal in a Chart (2003)

You can create a query that combines the student score table and the target score table, linked on the year, and use this query as row source for the chart.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Test Scores vs. Goal in a Chart (2003)

My brain hurts from wrapping itself around that idea but that seems like it would work.
    I've modified the SQL query (total newbie at Access unfortunately) so that the target line is displayed in the chart, but they are not linked so I get twice as much info as I need. How do I link them up by year?
    What usually happens is that the years go by more swiftly than the target goal changes. I could hack that by just entering the same data in again for each year until a change occurs so that should be okay.
    Thanks for the shove in the right direction.