5 Star Lounger
    Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Thanks

Manged exchange (Outlook any)

Does anyone have any info on managed exchange services? I want to use Outlook on both my main office computer and on my laptop (remotely), having deletions etc synchronised in near real time. (I do not want the expense of using exchange server.)
    Regards,
    Peter

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Manged exchange (Outlook any)

If your ISP supports IMAP, why don't you configure Outlook to use that? See IMAP Business Email Hosting vs. POP3 Email Hosting for more information. Also, see Configure Outlook for IMAP access. Step-by-step guide to Gmail IMAP access makes - even though it says Gmail it has pictures of the Outlook configuration screens. More links from Microsoft at Searched Outlook with Business Contact Manager for "imap" - Outlook - Microsoft Office Online.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Thanks

Thanks for the info Joe. I'm searching the web for ways to connect using IMAP to my own ISP not GMail.
    Regards,
    Peter

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

I understand that you are trying to connect to your own ISP. That is why I said that the post referencing GMAIL has pictures of the Outlook configuration screens. The configuration screens should be the same no matter what e-mail service you use. It is a matter of find out from your ISP if they support IMAP and what the correct information is for those forms.

Joe
    Joe