2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bypass Suppress Security (Access 2000/2003/2007)

Hi,

Seem to be having a problem exporting files accross a network from Access 2000/2003/2007) whilst it has a Table open??
    I get an error Message.

"The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine 'RF1' that prevents it from being opened or locked. "

I can accept if its the active table I'm trying to Export by why does it refer to Admin permission before I can Import??

How do I minimize the interferance of Access Security to File Import/export as I'm looking at flexible systems which allow continuous input and update on a timed schedule, and need to minimize the disruption to the Operator, but don't mind compromising the security as the whole system is behind a Firewall.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bypass Suppress Security (Access 2000/2003/2007)

I don't think this has to do with Access security. "Admin" is the default user of an Access database, and the only user if user-level security has *not* been applied to the database.

If you modify the design of a database object (table, query, form, ...), you lock the database exclusively. Other users and other programs/processes cannot access the database until you close it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bypass Suppress Security (Access 2000/2003/2007)

Just Checking Silly Question really.

Thanks As Uasual