Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Star Lounger
    Thanks

Changing DblClk Macro Fields to Buttons (2003)

I actually have 2 questions:

1) Can somebody tell me if I can change the colorful Macro Doubleclick Fields in this Template into single click buttons? eg. "Add Deed", "Hide Mort" -- double cllicking them can be difficult as the page can jump around.

2) Why do some of the Date and Number formatted text fields format entry text to BOLD??

I have unprotected the document and gone down the entire list of fields and explicitly selected then unselected BOLD, to make sure every entry is presented as normal formatted text.

But some fields STILL switch data entry to bold.
    Arghhh!
    (only, as I have noticed, in some number and date fields)

Anybody Know why?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing DblClk Macro Fields to Buttons (2003)

1) Yes, why not? You already have a command button in the template (the "cleanup" button), you can create more if you like.
    2) Try selecting the formfield including the text before and after it before clearing the Bold formatting.
    (Anyway, with the font you're using, it doesn't matter much - there's hardly any difference between bold and regular)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, I added buttons and removed the macro fields, but my "cleanup" sub won't hide the buttons. They just pile on top of each other.

Do I need to hide each button individually, instead of hiding the bookmarked line?

As in:

CommandButton("AddDeed").Hidden = True

Thanks,
    Noah

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Apparently you can't hide command buttons, at least not without jumping through hoops (see How to hide a "Print" commandbutton on a document form when a user clicks on it)

Instead of using command buttons in the document, I would create a custom toolbar in the template, with buttons for the various actions. Word will only display the toolbar if the template or a document based on the template is active.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

It seems I need to move all my CommandButton "click" macros to a different (module? -sheet of paper in vba editer) so that I can see them in the macro list under customize toolbar.

If I use the vba modules last revision of my template, without command buttons, where most of the subs were on a different page in the editor, and not click routines, will these macros be available to add to a new toolbar?

thanks,
    Noah

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You will have to move the On Click event procdedures to a standard module (created by selecting Insert | Module) to be able to call them from the toolbar buttons. It might be a good idea to rename them, to avoid confusion, but that's up to you.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Will this module and the custom toolbar startup in every document made from the template?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, VBA code, keyboard shortcuts and toolbar customizations stored in a template are available in all documents based on that template.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Two things have gone wrong:

1) the please select report is now called "PleaseSelectReport11". Every time I change it back, I get an Ambiguous name error. (It won't start up a new doc out of design mode)

2) I can't figure out how to get back into my new Report Toolbar to edit the name and put a graphic on the last button.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

1) Your template appears to have become corrupt. I'd delete the combo box, then copy everything into a new document, and create a new combo box.
    You'll have to copy the code into the new document.
    Save the new document as a template.
    Use Tools | Templates and Add-Ins > Organizer... to copy the toolbar from the old template into the new one.

2) To edit the toolbar:
    - Unprotect the template or document.
    - Select Tools | Customize...
    - Make sure that the template is selected in the "Save in" dropdown.
    - Right-click the last button.
    - When you're done, re-protect the document or template.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! I moved all the Command Buttons to a toolbar.

I am uploading a much improved template.

Now I am really perplexed. Each Mortgage must be able to reveal up to 5 "Mortgage Assignments" which will be similar to the Single Assignments that can be added now from the toolbar.

Can you recursively hide and reveal bookmarks within bookmarks? Would a hide and reveal control button (hopefully not on the page so it doesn't print) or something better, be able to reveal (and enable) and vise versa 5 bookmarked areas within a bookmark?

Thanks,
    Noah

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I think it's becoming much too complex. Moreover, having all potential "building blocks" of the document present but hidden in the document has serious disadvantages:
    1) You must decide in advance how many "building blocks" will be necessary. If someome needs 6 deeds you'd have to change the design of the template *and* change the code.
    2) Anyone who knows how to display hidden text in Word will be able to see the hidden "building blocks", with the text entered into the form fields.

I would start with an almost bare document, and I would create an AutoText entry for each type of "building block", i.e. one AutoText entry for Deed, one for Mortgage, one for Assignment etc. The corresponding toolbar button would unprotect the document, insert the relevant autotext entry, assign a unique bookmark name and reprotect the document. To delete the entry, unprotect, delete the range of the bookmark and reprotect.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I see your point.

Can an "AutoText" contain all the fields and tabs as I have formated them for each type of document?

I guess my question is if I can import the first example of each type document I have already created as an Autotext, then use these in a new Template.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, AutoText entries can contain form fields, tabs, formatting etc. You can select the text for one type of entry, for example for a deed, then select Insert | AutoText | AutoText... to create an AutoText entry from the selected text.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, I am finally trying to save Autotext of each "Building Block", but in the AutoText Window, when I select Look In MyBeta.dot, the Autotexts don't show up. Are they being saved to Normal.dot? If so, how would I save them to just my template?

thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast