Lounger
    Thanks

Laptop keyboard problem

Hello

I hope I am in the right forum to start with

The other day for a presentation I was advised to connect my laptop to a 42" screen and use an external keyboard, all of which I did and it worked, I have now gone back to using my laptop as a laptop but my internal laptop keyboard is behaving strangley, for example if I type P I get - and if I type other letters I am getting numbers, I suspect that it still thinks the external keyboard is attached.

Any ideas please where I can tell the laptop that it is on its own keyboard?

Sorry if this is simple but I never normally get involved with settings etc.

Thank you

Roger

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Laptop keyboard problem

The numeric keypad overlay of your keyboard has probably been turned on by accident. Try pressing the "Num Lock" or "Num Lk" (depending on the keyboard) to turn it off.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Just to follow up on HansV's instructions, it may be easier to do this with an external keyboard attached, as sometimes the NumLock key is a multi-key combination.

For example, on my notebook, it's Fn+ScrLk. On another in the office, it's Alt+Shift+Insert.
    Christopher Baldrey

Lounger
    Thanks

Hello

Thank you Hans and Chris, what a numbskull, that is exactly what it was and I wish I had seen your advice Chris before fumbling around and finding the Fn key that I had always wondered about

Roger