Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word error when apply style (2003 SP3)

Recently my Word at work started misbehaving. When I tried to apply a style called NumList 1 (a user-defined style that applies a numbered list style; this is in a corporate defined template), Word would present with a dialog box saying it had encountered an error and had to close. Previous to this, the style had worked just fine.

Help... what is going on???

Prior to this Word was not "playing" well with Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.2. When I tried to create a PDF from within Word, Adobe gave me an error message that it could not make the PDF and was skipping the file. Yet it made a tilde file of the documnt file I was trying to PDF, a tilde file of my normal.dot, and a tilde file of the corporate template. Even if I deleted all the tilde files, Word would not let me open the document file again saying that someone had it open. I could not open the doc file unless I rebooted.

All this has been very time consuming.

Any advice/recommendation you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Georgette
    (using my home login, but would appreciate notification at my work e-mail also: ggrossman@lmi.org)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word error when apply style (2003 SP3)

I'd try the steps in Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post>.

You can specify more than one e-mail address to be used for notifications in the "Email address (for our administrative use only...not visible to other users)" box in your profile: separate the e-mail addresses with semi-colons, e.g.
    <code>
    me@home.com; me@work.com</code>