5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Enter key & Lounge search page (Firefox 2)

Hello -

A curious difference between 2 pcs, both XP, SR2:

on 1 pc using IE7, after entering field info, hitting Enter will start the search;
    on the other pc using Firefox, must hit Post to begin the search.

Is there a setting somewhere to have Enter begin the search on the pc using Firefox? Nothing in Tools/Options that I can see....

Thank you,
    Acer

Thanks

Re: Enter key & Lounge search page (Firefox 2)

Is your cursor "in the form" at the time you press Enter? For example in the "Search for" box? If so, it should work automatically in Firefox. There might be some form-related extensions that change this, but I've never experienced it myself.

As a diagnostic, try using a "clean" Firefox profile: Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base. If that works, then one of your extensions may be at fault, or a bad setting. If the cure isn't obvious, you can move your bookmarks and (selectively) your other settings to the new profile: Migrating settings to a new profile @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Enter key & Lounge search page (Firefox 2)

Red in the face time - again.

No, cursor was not "in the form." As you say, when it is, Enter works fine. Funny thing, though. IE doesn't seem to mind where the cursor is.............But, once again, you solved a mystery for me. And so, once again, I Thank You.

Acer