Results 1 to 2 of 2
2008-02-20, 17:30 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
new word doc has unwanted text (xp)
When I go to open a new word document, there is a message which was typed when I had remote access help for another application. When I go to the format menu, to select a different theme, the no theme selection has this text in it and I can't delete it. Is there anyway I can edit the "no theme" page?
2008-02-20, 17:38 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Re: new word doc has unwanted text (xp)
Welcome to Woody's Lounge!
Apparently the text ended up in your default template Normal.dot. To get rid of it:
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Select Tools | Folder Options...
- Activate the View tab.
- Make sure that hidden files and folders are displayed, then click OK.
- Navigate to Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftTemplates where <username> is your Windows login name.
- Right-click Normal.dot and select Open (not New) from the popup menu.
- Delete all text.
- Save the file, then close it.
New documents should be blank from now on. <img src=/S/crossfingers.gif border=0 alt=crossfingers width=17 height=16>