Lounger
    Thanks

Tracking Changes (2003)

Aloha, I am afraid I don't have an answer for your question, however, I have one myself. There are actually two. #1 how do I post a question on the is forum that isn't a response to one someone else has already posted. I can't find how to do it even in the help menu, the screens are not set up like they say they are. Ok, i'm a nubbie.

The second question is, how do I see the total amount of time for a slide show in PowerPoint? I know how to set the timing for each slide, but how do I see what the total is for the entire slide show without looking at all the slide and adding up the time alocated to each one?

Thank you.

Bearfur

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tracking Changes (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

About your first question: to post a new question, you must go to the forum index, for example Powerpoint.
    On the right hand side in the gray bar above the list of posts, you'll see a series of buttons. The "Make a new post" button is among them - see screenshot below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (4.4 KB, 0 views)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

About your timing question: there is no built-in way to see the total duration of a presentation (with one exception: if you set the timing using Slide Show | Rehearse Timings, PowerPoint will display a dialog with the total duration at the end).

A VBA solution is given in Show me the transition time of each slide and total running time of the show.

Lounger
    Thanks

Aloha Hans,
    Thank you so much for your help. I am not very good at these things so your help is so much appreciated. I have only been on two other forums and I'm afraid I haven't been faithful in using them all that much. My job now requires me to know more than ever before in navigating programs quickly and efficiently. I have a feeling I will be visiting the forum quite often. I did as you suggested and put the code into the VBA Editor, named the macro and IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa. That is so awesome, thanks for the hints and for the website that showed me how to do it all. I knew there had to be a way to get what I needed. Hopefully we will be able to share more information as time goes on. I think it will be that you are sharing with me though, I think you are much more adapt to these things than i am. Have a great day and rest fo the week.

Aloha
    Bearfur