Thread: Forms (2003)

New Lounger
    Auckland, New Zealand

Forms (2003)

I am frequently having to fill in the gaps on an official paper form. In the old days the typewriter took care of this task easily. In word, I have typed the whole document with some unique information typed into the spaces for users to fill in, then I've highlighted all the text I don't want (which is on the original form) and used white font color so effectively, it doesn't show up, I then print the form. The next time I come to fill in the form, I replace the typing with the new information and print. My problem is that the new information is different lengths and that destroys my carefully crafted measurements (using format, paragraph) so then the form does not print the information in the right spots. There must be a better way.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Forms (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

You can create a form using controls from the Forms toolbar. You can use text boxes, dropdown lists and check boxes to replace the white-on-white text that you created. When you're done, protect the document for forms using Tools | Protect Document... or by clicking the Lock button on the Forms toolbar.

See Create forms that users complete in Word for detailed instructions (click Show All).