New Lounger
    Thanks

Voice Overlays (PP97)

I do voice overlays for my animated-hands off PP97 presentations. They work well on several on my office computers (Pent II 600+MHz 256MB Ram) but I saved them to a CD and tried to go over to another office's computer and they do not work. These files are very large... the PP97 brief file is 356K but when I add the Sound/animation, it grows to 70 MB.

This has me stumped... do I need to transfer the PP97 brief to their hard drives in order to run these briefs?

This is not the only thing I have done with PP97.. Macro's and other imbedded VB scripts to act out these presentations. They are sharp to look at and a great training aids because you can start it and let the brief go through on it's own.

A friend gave me a name of Sonya Coleman to talk to here... but I will take any advice from anyone.

Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Voice Overlays (PP97)

I am not familiar with the term 'briefs'. I can only assume it's a type of presentation you use?

When you record your narration are you using "SlideShow/ Record narration"? If you are, at what quality are you recording? I will bet you're recording at a very high quality. I've found that often recording at the lowest quality (8 bit mono) is good enough for most presentations. Stereo recording is worthless unless your using a stereo Mic, and the questions would be, "Why?"

Record 15-20 seconds on a slide at your current settings then re-record that same slide at 8 bit mono. Ask your buddies in the office to tell you which one is better. I'll bet they can't tell the difference.

Back to the 'briefs' comment; When you ask about transfering the brief to their hard drive, are you talking about just copy/paste the original presentation file to the computers hard drive? If so, how are you running them now?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Voice Overlays (PP97)

Thank you for the Quick and Informative reply...

As for briefs.. well I am a Meteorologist for the Department of Defense and I use 'briefs' as a word for Presentation. Also, you comments on the sound quality.. I will do just that, record or just resample at 8 bit mono.. this I think will help a lot.

These briefings (presentations) I create are mostly shown on our existing office computers and we do have a few systems that are 'maxed-out' on ram/MHz and video/audio capabilities. So, maybe I am a little short sighted towards other computer systems and expect every system able to run my presentations.

Therefore, I will go back and make my presentations more friendly to a more typical platform.

I will keep you informed on my success.

Thanks

Don Eckard
    NPMOD Lemoore
    Eckard.Donald@Lemoore.navy.mil