2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access 97 - Can't create MDW File (Access 97 / XP Home SP2)

Hello! I had a power failure today, and when I went to run Access 97, I got an "out of memory' error. I then went and removed the file 'hatten.ttf' from the fonts directory. I then, got the 'can't find system.mdw file' error. I removed Office 97, and reinstalled. The installation ended with "Workgroup Administrator can not create system.mdw. Reboot and run Workgroup Administrator before running this application.' So.... I can not seem to create a system.mdw file. If I copy one and put it in c:WindowsSystem32, I can join it, but I then get the "Out of Memory'" error again. I do have Office XP installed on this computer. Everything was fine before the power went out.

I've had this issue before, but I can't remember how to fix it, and my searches at WOPR came up empty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    KST

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 97 - Can't create MDW File (Access 97 / XP Home SP2)

I think I have resolved my problem....... I installed SR1 and SR2. I was then able to successfully create the MDW file.

Thanks!
    KST