Lounger
    Thanks

Allowing visitors to edit files

I have a new problem to solve for our company. We have a ftp site (or page) where clients can come and download files they need. The files are usually drawings or spec files, and are read only. This is not a problem to set up or use.

Now a request has been made for a file that the client can access, edit, and save on our ftp site. Basically it's a log of requests made/fulfilled, and needs to be edited by all parties involved. Is there any way I can allow a client to edit and save a file ON our ftp site, without giving them access to the entire site. It also needs to be fairly simple to use.

Thank you,

Thanks

Re: Allowing visitors to edit files

You probably can create a folder with unique privileges, but the client will need its own password so that the server will know it has write/modify/delete rights in that folder. Your FTP software may include the ability to set passwords and privileges if your server is Linux-based. If it's Windows based, you might need to access the server directly.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Allowing visitors to edit files

Thank you for the reply. We have a Windows-based system, but you've given me a direction to go in. This is a new request on the part of management, so we'll have to figure it out.

Thank you,