Thanks

Word 2007 Track Changes - Tables & Moves (Word 2007)

I've been playing with track changes and compare in Word 2007. I turned on all the options to show moves and to color-code changes to tables. However, I can't seem to get anything to show up as a "move". Also, if I merge or delete cells in a table, even though options are set to show changes to tables, Word still says that the change can't be tracked. What gives? Am I missing something? What is a "move" in Word? If I use something like DeltaView to run a redline, it shows text that has been moved from one place to another in a different color (as opposed to flagging it as deleted and then inserted, which is how Word usually shows moved text). I've tried searching on the web for some sort of guide to all the options in track changes and compare in Word 2007, but can't find anything. Anybody know where some add'l info can be found? Anybody use track changes and compare in Word 2007 and get table changes and moves to appear? Maybe the options under track changes for table changes only appear if you run a compare and create a legal blackline? All help appreciated. Thx.

Thanks

Re: Word 2007 Track Changes - Tables & Moves (Word

I don't think Microsoft has ever felt the need to compete with CompareRite (in its day) or DeltaView... I've never seen Word 97-2003 designate a move differently than an insert or delete. However, Word 2007 does appear to have that feature. It works in an extremely simple comparison (4 pararagraphs). But there's a catch, if you save back to the legacy .doc format, you lose the special markup and just see insertions and deletes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I knew the feature was new in Word 2007, but are you able to get it to work? I couldn't figure out what Word thought was a move versus just a simple delete and insert. How do you get it to actually flag a move? Also, did you notice that there are table options now as well, like DeltaView. But again, I can't get these to actually work. With track changes on, Word tells me it won't track the change. When I get a sec, I'm going to create two docs with tables and run a Compare to see if maybe table moves are flagged in a Compare vs. Track Changes. Thx.

Thanks

OK, never mind. I got Moves to work now. It doesn't seem to work with Track Changes on, but it does work with Compare. Also, tables show changes if you run a Compare rather than use Track Changes. Neat. Thx.