5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Which event? (2003)

When my form displays a record, there are five ways to move from the currently displayed record; there are control buttons for Previous Record, Next Record and New Record, there is a control button to close the form and save the data and finally, there is a combo box from which the user can select another employee and a combobox after-update event moves to the selected record.
    I need to know when the DB is moving to a different record regardless of which option the user has used; is there a single 'best event' to use to trap this, or do I have to write VB for each option path?
    Thanks
    Silverback
    Silverback

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Which event? (2003)

The On Current event of the form occurs whenever the user moves to a record, whether interactively or through code.
    There is no event that always occurs when the user moves away from a record, including when the form is closed.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hmmm; bit of a blow, that. However, as always, the info is valuable in that it stops me trying to implement something that isn't going to work.
    Just to be clear : if I am displaying record1 and I move to record2, and I trap the On Current event, if I refer to Me.LastName in the event procedure, it will refer to LastName in record2. Is that correct?
    Thanks
    Silverback
    Silverback

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

> if I am displaying record1 and I move to record2, and I trap the On Current event, if I refer to Me.LastName in the event procedure, it will refer to LastName in record2.

Yes, that is correct. On Current occurs for the record you are moving TO, not for the record you are moving FROM.