Lounger
    Thanks

Formatting (MS Office Pro 2003 SP3)

Can formatting be referenced? In other words, can the formatting in [Tab 2;A4] be controlled by the formatting in [Tab 1;G3]? As you can see, the value in [Tab 2;A4] is set to be the value in [Tab 1;G3]. In addition, I want the formatting to be the same as well. I could set up the conditional formatting for [Tab 2;A4] in a similar fashion as was done for [Tab 1;G3], and this would produce the same result. However, it would be far more convenient, if a function existed that would simply copy the value and the appropriate formatting .......
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formatting (MS Office Pro 2003 SP3)

Excel functions cannot copy formatting.

You can copy cells on the Tab1 sheet, then hold down Shift while selecting the Edit menu on the Tab2 sheet, and select Paste Picture Link (this option is only available when you hold down Shift). The linked picture will show both the value and the formatting of the selected cells on the Tab1 sheet. See the attached version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formatting (MS Office Pro 2003 SP3)

Hans ... you are my hero ....... thank you once again for pulling the rabbit out of the hat ........ or is that the alligator out of the swamp ...... one way or the other ... thanks