3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

% of colums with pivot table (2003)

I have a pivot table : the lines are type of injury (accident or illness) the next levels of lines are sex and age group. The columns are year of events; the data is the count of occurrences for the type of injury, sex and age category. Up to there I am fine, but I need to add a column percentage that computes the percentage of the total of illness women (for all age groups) it is say 10 000, for each age group say 2000 for the over 60 should give me 20% and if the age group of 30 to 39 the number was 25 000 the corresponding percentage would be 25%. I tried to add the count of occurrences and selected % of column the for the year 2000 let us say it was 100 000 cases for accidents and illnesses, and the result of 2000 for illness and over 60 would be 2%. Bassicalle I want the each of the sub tables for type injury and sex to each add up to 100%.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: % of colums with pivot table (2003)

Could you post a small sample workbook and explain what exactly you want to calculate in the sample workbook?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

here is the data
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. And what exactly do you want to accomplish? Please try to be specific.

Added later: sorry, I had overlooked the tiny comment indicators.
    I don't think you can do that in a pivot table (but hopefully someone else will correct me), as far as I know you'll have to calculate those percentages some other way.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thank for your help, i can also select each subtable and copy them to a new worksheet