Star Lounger
    Thanks

Copy Form? (2007)

I've designed a form that I'd like to use for other Access databases. Is there a simple way of doing this?
    Thanks

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy Form? (2007)

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but from one db you can export any object (form, report, etc.) to another db, or import an object from another db.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'd like to use the form I designed but minus the information already in the data fields. In a way, I guess this form could be considered a template. I realize there has to be a new table with the appropriate column headings. I considered making a copy of both the form and table, renaming them and then deleting the data, but I'm hoping there's a simpler way.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think there is an easier or faster method.

Keep in mind that the form doesn't contain any data. The data are stored in the table(s). A form is just a way of displaying and editing the data from the table(s).

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. I do understand the form/table relationship, which is why I hoped I could simple use the form I designed as a template. The problem seems to be that the form needs to have a table already created (with or without data) so that there are columns to match the form's fields.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The design of a form is closely bound to the design of the table or query that acts as its data source.

If you want to use a form as a generic template, you'd have to write code that imitates the wizards built into Access, and adjusts the control source of text boxes etc. and the captions of labels to the table or query that you want to use the form for. It can be done, but if you want to take all circumstances into account, it's a lot of work.