5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Spreadsheet Import (2003)

I've finally sorted out all the spreadsheets, and got them into the right format <post#=692,908>post 692,908</post#>. Can anyone help me with code to import all the spreadsheets into the database. The filenames all start with Checks followed by the date e.g Checks 251107.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spreadsheet Import (2003)

See for example <post:=658,115>post 658,115</post:> and <post:=164,791>post 164,791</post:>. You can adapt the code for your situation.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. Used the first link. Still a rogue column in one of the spreadsheet, as the code stopped with the message Field F30 doesn't exist in the destination field. I will either have to search through them all, or I could add F30 to the table, and see what it brings up. Thanks again Hans.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've found the supposable rogue spreadsheet. I can't find any data or column headings that aren't in the other sheets. If i however, import the table in the normal way, there is a Field30 that shows up. As I say, not evident in the spreadsheet.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Is it the last field in the imported table? If so, there is probably something in the first blank-seeming column in the Excel sheet that causes the import mechanism to see the column as a field, perhaps a space. Because this column has no column header, it is given a dummy field name F30.
    If you select a few columns to the right of what appears to be the end of the used columns in the spreadsheet and delete them, then save the workbook, you may get a better result while importing.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes it was the last field. I've gone through every spreadsheet and deleted 4 colums at the end, and everythings imported ok. Thanks Hans.

3 Star Lounger
    Lewes, East Sussex, Sussex, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Rob

One quick way of checking whether there is 'rogue' data in a worksheet is to click CTRL-END. If the selected cell is outside the area to be imported, you will need to delete some rows and/or columns. You must save the workbook after the deletion, and then try CTRL-END again. When CTRL-END selects the bottom right corner of the data to be imported, then you can proceed with the import.

Nick