2 Star Lounger
    Canberra City, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Outlook with Netscape 6.1. (Office 2000 SP1)

I have just installed Netscape 6.1 (replacing Netscape 6) on a computer operating Win2000Pro and Office 2000 SR1. Since installing Netscape 6.1. each time Outlook starts it gives a message "Microsoft Outlook - The Add-in "Crogram FilesNet2PhoneLaunchNet2Phone32.dll" can not be installed or loaded. This program may be resolved by using Detect and Repair in the Help menu. Unable to load "Crogram FilesNet2PhoneLaunchNet2Phone32.dll" . You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file".

The Detect and Repair facility did not help. Searching for "LaunchNet2Phone32.dll" shows no file with that name in the computer, although there is a directory "Crogram FilesNet2Phone" which includes some Net2Phone files. A search of the Registry for LaunchNet2Phone32.dll" revealed no links to that file. I attempted to rename another dll file to that name, but that simply resulted in Outlook crashing when it tried to start.

There is no entry for Net2Phone in the Add/Remover Programs in Control Panel.

Please can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this annoying message?

All help and suggestions will be gratefully received.

Noel

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook with Netscape 6.1. (Office 2000 SP1)

check the addins in tools > options > other tab > advanced button. it should be listed in one of the addin in buttons.

if it's still a problem, locate extend.dat and delete it. when you reopen outlook it'll get recreated.

2 Star Lounger
    Canberra City, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Outlook with Netscape 6.1. (Office 2000 SP1)

Oh Saint Mary the beautiful!! Such a simple solution - and all the time and effort I wasted going up blind alleys!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Noel