New Lounger
    Thanks

Need help adding backroung image as leterpad! (2007)

Hi ,

I've got an image file that is 1700 x 2200 pixels (8.5 x 11 letter size) that I would like to use as a template. So far I know of two different ways to insert it as the background pic and they give me two different problems: (using word 2007)

Method 1) page layout> page color> fill effect> choose picture on hdd...

Using this method the background picture is not stretched to fit the page and when i click on print preview the layout is all messed up. The background appears to be bigger than the letter pad size and appears zoomed in.

Method 2) Click Insert> Picture> and then manually stretch it to fit the page

This method looks good on screen but during print preview the part of the right side of the image is cut off (text is fine) and I can see big borders on all sides. I do not want any borders as the image is supposed to fill the entire page and I need to stop the right side from getting cut off.

I would appreciate any suggestions you can provide me in creating this letterpad. It's a highly graphical one and thats why I need it to stretch to fit the whole page.

Please help!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Need help adding backroung image as leterpad! (2007)

One thing that might be causing a problem is your printer. Most printers can not print with out a margin. Just a thought.
    Michael

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

As Michael mentioned, printers cannot print right to the edge of the paper - they always have a non-printing area around the page. The exact size depends on the printer. The only way to fill a page entirely is to use a printer that can print to a larger paper size, and to cut away the blank edges after printing so that you are left with the desired paper size.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hmmmm, got me to thinking about borderless printing...... Seemed to see such when they print photos. Well after doing a google, to see which printers would print without a border, I found that mine would!!! (Mp530 Canon) Now, you do have to go to 'properties' and tick the box, but it will do it!
    The things you learn here at the lounge......
    So....back to the problem........
    Michael

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Need help adding backroung image as leterpad!

I have a photo printer Canon IP6600D and I have selected borderless printing, now the edges are fine but there is about a 1 inch gap on the top and bottom. Any ideas how to fix this? to see the document i am talking about please go to www.aceninja.com/letterpad.doc

thank you in advance.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

Re: Need help adding backroung image as leterpad!

Is your picture's text wrapping or layout set for something other than in line with text? I think behind text might be best for your purpose. And is the relative horizontal position set to LEFT relative to the page and the relative vertical position TOP relative to the page?

You can then resize the picture by dragging the handles to the opposite sides. After pulling the picture, you may have to reset the relative positions. Of course, the picture may be distorted unless the picture's aspect ratio is the same as the paper's. When I tested this, I put the picture in the header of my doc. But with behind text chosen, it may not matter.

PamC

PamC
    Pam Caswell