Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Sending HTML docs as Attachments

I would like to know if it is possible to attach an HTML document to an Outlook e-mail message so that when the recipient opens it, the images are displayed too?

The reason I am specifying an HTML doc. is to try and allow anyone, regardless of their e-mail application to view the page in tact. Some e-mail programs don't display HTML. :-(

Thanks,

Pilgrim
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sending HTML docs as Attachments

yeah, it should work. isn't it working for you?

the image tags would be the key. make sure they are either for an internet address or get sent with the doc. I'm not totally sure how to parse the url to link to images on the attachment, if you can use an internet server to old the images it might be better.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

An alternate to include the images is cluncky but would work...

On the HTML page that you want to send, right click on the page and 'view source'. Then save the resulting text document as pagename.htm and attach away. This will keep the image references and links relative and they should be openable anywhere.
    -Mark

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

MaryJ,

Perhaps I should have added more detail to my original question? hahaha.... I don't have any problems e-mailing web pages from my browser, etc. That works just fine. What I am trying to do is send a HTML document which I have created locally, and which has not been uploaded to my external server. :-)

What happens, (I tested this by sending a page to myself) is that the text only is sent, and the image(s) are absent. So, again, what I want to do is to be able to send someone a HTML document, created on my computer, via e-mail, so that when the recipient opens the attachment, it is displayed as created, with images, etc. :-)

Pilgrim
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

right. it should display when sent as an attachment and opened in IE, or do you want to go the stationary route? I don't use html or stationary and keep forgetting it exists, but stationary might be your best bet.

Because of the way outlook handles html, stationary will work ok if the reader can't do html. they'll see the text of the message and an html attachment they can open.

the problem is including images. they need to either be sent with the message or available on the internet for download when opened. you'd use a normal url for the images if you have them on an internet server.
    scr="http://<server>/image.jpg"
    i'm not sure of the format of the url for included images, if you use stationary and select the send images option, it should work ok.