Star Lounger
    Thanks

Archiving failure (O/L 2000 sr-1)

I have set up archiving according to the online help, e.g. set up an archive.pst file and the dates before which I wish to archive.
    However, when I either archive manually or Autoarchive runs, although I see the "Archiving..." message in the R.H. corner, nothing happens with the mail etc.
    If I open the archive file as a personal folder, there is nothing in it and all the messages etc. are still in the original folders.
    I am probably missing something obvious but I cannot spot it. Can anyone help?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Archiving failure (O/L 2000 sr-1)

This could be due to Outlook's interesting little habit of not archiving anything which has recently been touched. Archiving does not work off the date that the message arrived - it works off the last date the message was touched. So if you have an email which is 3 months old, but you looked at it yesterday, it won't get archived.
    Have a look at my previous answer (and the lounger's problem) via post 55255 (just do search and look for message number 55255, or search on archiv to get all previous threads)
    HTH
    Silverback

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Archiving failure (O/L 2000 sr-1)

Read your reply and without "touching" anything, attempted to archive a folder with items older than today. All archived OK. So, this looks like the problem. It seems that my recent upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 caused the problem as I lost my pst file and had to recover from my ost file. This obviously caused all items to be "touched" on the recovery date, as, if I make the day after this my "archive before" date, all older items archive OK. What a carry on!

Thanks for your help.