New Lounger
    Thanks

Style Galleries (Word 2007)

I have just upgraded to Word 2007 from Word 2003 and have a very simple (?) question. I am using and converting old templates but cannot get all the styles to display in the Quick Styles Gallery. When I load a document using the template, the styles in the Gallery are modified to reflect the styles defined in the Template. However, only 15 standard Quick styles are displayed. My other styles are there in the Styles drop down box, but not in the Gallery. The Microsoft help screens have a section on 'Add a style to the Quick Style Gallery' and when I followed the instructions I was simply told that a style with that name already exists - this seems to mean that it exists in the list of styles, even though it is not shown in the Gallery.

How can I modify the Gallery to show the styles that I actually use on my own documents and as defined in the template?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

Re: Style Galleries (Word 2007)

The message you are getting sounds like the instructions are for creating a style instead of just adding one to the quick styles list.

Here's what I do. From the styles pane, I go to the modify style dialog, then put a check in the box near the lower right that says "Add to Quick styles list". But I just noticed that the choice also appears in first drop-down menu after clicking the arrow to the right of the style name.

PamC
    Pam Caswell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Style Galleries (Word 2007)

Many thanks - that has solved the problem! The Help screens are (as usual) not a lot of help. I discovered that the drop down menu on the gallery also has a button for removing unwanted styles from the gallery, so I am now able to make sure that I have just the styles that I am using.

Thanks again.