New Lounger
    Thanks

Footnote on two pages (Word 2003)

I am running into something I've never encountered. As I typed my footnote, it became too long for the page, and it continued to the end of the next page. I want all of the footnote on the same page. I looked in the footnote options (right click on the footnote and click on Note Options) but there isn't anything there about staying on the same page. Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Footnote on two pages (Word 2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

See Why do my footnotes sometimes end up on a different page from their references in the text? on the Word MVP site. From the end of this article:
    <hr>You can set the “Keep lines together” property for a given footnote paragraph or for the Footnote Text style, and this will ensure that footnotes are not broken because the text reference and the entire note will be carried to the next page.<hr>
    "Keep lines together" is a check box in the Line and Page Breaks tab of Format | Paragraph...

New Lounger
    Thanks

That worked like a charm...Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

A footnote will take up a lot of room on the page if available, but this depends on the length of the paragraph it is attached to. See this example where the footnote takes up all but one line of the page.

If you are in Normal view then you can double click the footnote mark to display the footnote pane at the bottom of the window. This will allow you to specify the Footnote continuation notice and footnote continuation separator, but you won't be able to specify exactly where the footnote should break across the page.

StuartR
    Attached Files Attached Files