Star Lounger
    Thanks

Addressing to display name doesn't work (2000 )

I have an internet address recipient in my Personal Address Book. Under the STMP - General tab, I have the correct email address listed for "Bob." In Display Name, I have entered "Bob." But when I type "Bob" in the "To" field of a new message, it is not recognized. (The program doesn't underline the name "Bob.") I can click on "To" and go in and select Personal Address Book, then "Bob" and that works fine.

The above method works for other entries in my Personal Address Book - it's just Bob who is a problem child...

Can anyone help? Thank you!

Thanks

Re: Addressing to display name doesn't work (2000 )

Sometimes Outlook cannot match a name uniquely. In that case, it might get a wavy red underline or dotted underline. If you right click the name, you should see a short list of the matches Outlook believes are the closest.

The only way I found around this was to put something else in the name. Generally I put (Company) or (home) as the case may be. Suppose Bob works at Woody's Lounge. Typing Bob Lo probably would match it, and it isn't that much more typing (compared with popping open the To dialog).

If this isn't it at all, post back.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Addressing to display name doesn't work (2000 )

What about Bob? Well, he's now BobT and that works fine. Thank you very much!!