Lounger
    Thanks

Import Data (MS Excel 2003)

How do you import a specific column from an Access table to a spreadsheet? I have an access database that calculates the monthly audit scores of each employees. I am running a query from the database at the end of each month to determine their monthly average score. The query then generates a table showing the summary for each employee with their monthly score. I then print out the table and key in the scores on a spreadsheet to keep track of the employee's score for that month. Also, I am using this spreadsheet to keep track of the employees who scored 100% for 3 consecutive months. Is there a way to automate this process so I don't have to manually key in their scores every month? Attached is a copy of the spreadsheet. Is there a way to import the column from the access table that shows the scores into the spreadsheet? Thank you in advance for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import Data (MS Excel 2003)

You can use Date | Get External Data | New Database Query to import an Access table or query (or part of it) into an Excel worksheet. Along the way, you get a chance to edit the query that Excel uses, so that you can import only one column if desired. The imported table can be updated automatically or manually. You can then copy/paste into your overview, or use formulas.
    It would also be possible to copy in Access and paste into Excel.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import Data (MS Excel 2003)

Thank you for your help.