2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

System memory issue

I use a Dell Axim X-30 and as of later, when I try to checkoff/clear a task I get a window advising me that there is not enough memory to perform the action and to stop any running programs & try the action again. When I check for running programs there are none. System memory is split somewhere aabout 15-17 MB for each, program & storage memory. The storage card, in case it is pertinent, is a 1 GB SD card which has over 800 MB space available. I've tried re-starting/re-setting the PDA several times to no avail. I believe that if I were to clear a task on the desktop the task would later clear on the PDA during a sync operation (I'm not absolutely sure yet since I left the PDA in my office this afternoon and do not have it at home to double check right now).

Thanks

Re: System memory issue

What version of windows mobile are you running?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry Catharine. I thought I included that info.

I'm running Windows Mobile 2003, Second Edition, ver. 4.21.1088; 64 MB RAM with a total of approx. 30 MB free after allocations and that which is "in-use".

BTW, I cleared the tasks I cited in my message by checking them off on my desktop and then syncing the handheld. There is still another task to go and when I try to check it off on the handheld (like the others) I get the system memory error message. It's obvious I can work around it. It's just annoying.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Thanks

Hmm, I'm using Windows Mobile 6. I found the upgrade from 5 to 6 fixed a whole bunch of weird memory issues.
    But I don't know how or if Windows Mobile 2003 fits into that upgrade path. Perhaps it is branded differently where you are?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile