Thread: File Explorer

ehbuxbaum

File Explorer

When opening the explorer, I always get an expanded tree of Desktop, My Documents, and My Computer with the drives is collapsed. How can I change this, collapse the first one and expand the other when opening the Explorer.<font color=red>text</font color=red>[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File Explorer

So far as I know you can't change the default behavior. But you can do shortcuts - and specify the command line.

{no switch} Opens a one-pane folder window
    /e Opens a two-pane Explorer window

/n Opens a new window even if the specified folder is already open in another folder.

/root, Specifies the desktop as the object Windows will use as the root of a one-pane folder window

/e,root, Specifies the desktop as the object Windows will use as the root of a two-pane Explorer window

/root,object Specifies a target directory object that will be the root of the folder window.

/select For one-pane folders, opens the parent folder of the specified folder and selects the specified folder.

/root,object,subobject For two-pane folders, use with /e switch; opens a two-pane window to a specific directory, and selects a specific folder in that window.

For object and subobject, insert a path statement to a specific directory on your PC, such as C:Program Files.
    -Mark