2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Font size changes (Outlook 2003 SP2)

Hi,

I have a couple of users that are experiencing a strange issue when sending some emails in HTML format.

When the email is being written everything looks fine on screen, however when the item is received and when they check the item they sent looking in the sent item folder, all text apart from one paragraph is formatted as 10pt Arial, and the stray paragraph is formatted as 12pt Arial.

I believe that we have seen this problem before, and I think that it was related to using HTML emails, however I can't rightly remember! Any ideas??

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Font size changes (Outlook 2003 SP2)

I found a suggestion to create blank stationery with the desired font/font size, and to set this as default.
    This is done in the Mail Format tab of Tools | Options...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

BTW, the notification of my reply bounced because the e-mail address in your profile is not valid any more. Please edit your profile and supply a valid e-mail address. You can then turn on notifications again.

Thanks

Well, it's certainly not possible to have this problem in plain text email...

I find this to be a problem with replies and forwards, but only on occasion. Most of the reply will be in my preferred font face, color, and size, but one paragraph will be in a larger point size. It makes me look bad, and there seems to be no way to detect it in advance. If I remember, I will select my reply and apply Format>Style>Normal to try to purge any style confusion before sending. That might help, but I'm not sure it really resolves the issue in all cases.

Bottom line, I sympathize, but don't have a good solution.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much for your suggestions - I didn't think that there was an easy answer to this one as I remember looking into it a while back and got nowhere! I'm sure that my suggestion to the user the last time was to use RTF format instead (they like the fancy colours and links in their signatures so plain text isn't going to be much use!!).

Thanks again!!

Alba

P.S. I'll get my email address updated..just need to find the profile section to do it in though!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Go here: Edit profile.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts

I saw a response in another group that said the issue is with the Outlook e-mail editor. The recommended workaround is to use Word as the e-mail editor.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

We took a decision a number of years ago to ensure that Word as the email editor was switched off as there appeared to be so many problems with it. I guess, however that at the time we were using Office 97 - have things improved since then and is it advisable for all users? I suppose what I'm asking is will I see more problem other than a random paragraph increasing in size!?!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In early versions of Office, using Word as mail editor in Outlook was a recipe for problems, but the situation has gradually improved with each version, and in Office 2003 there are few objections against using Word as mail editor. In Office 2007, it is the *only* option you have - the built-in HTML editor has been removed from Outlook 2007 for security reasons.